Mike Boatman, Photographer
Based in the Peoria, Illinois region
Owner of Mike Boatman, Photographer…commercial advertising for over 30 years, location and studio
- 15 years, Official Photographer of the US Open Racquetball Championships
- Official Photographer of the Motorola/Verizon Wireless World Racquetball Championship
Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale
Mike Boatman’s thirty years of experience as a professional photographer have made his name synonymous with creative excellence. He captures the magical thing that happens when individual talent and beauty (and often genius) are captured in a single shot. Mike’s photography makes even common surroundings appear luminescent.
Each assignment presents a distinct and appealing challenge, but Mike’s expertise earns him the reputation of always “getting the shot.” He is extremely experienced in creating branding images on location, even in hostile and hazardous environments. Mike’s specialty is lighting, which delivers on-demand a predetermined emotional message. This process has been applied to architecture, fashion, food, industrial, corporate, editorial, annual reports, advertising, and event photography.
Recently, Mike has worked as the lighting director on the DICE animation video, and was a lighting consultant at Digital Reality, Inc., an animation studio out of Huntsville, Alabama.
- Art Institute of Ft. Lauderdale – Senior Class 1st Place and Best of Show
- Advertising Photographers of America (APA) 4th Place Still Life Contest Annual contest professional organization.
- Nashville Charity Auction Award – Mike’s fine art photography was donated to this charity to raise money to help feed the homeless. Mike’s photo earned the highest bid in the auction.
- MIFI Food Bank Charity Auction Award – Mike’s fine art photography was donated to this charity to raise money to help feed the homeless in Memphis, Tennessee where his photo earned the highest bid in the auction.
- Omni International Silver Award (Cortelco Brochure Russian) OMNI is a European International award for the print and graphic community. Cortelco is a telephone manufacturing company that entered their brochure with Mike’s photography in the competition. The brochure earned a second place award in this international competition.
- Graphic Communications Award Memphis Design
- Communication Arts in Advertising Award (Glove Catalog)
- Communication Arts in Advertising Award (Cleo Annual Report)
- Boston Academy of Fine Arts
- Mike’s Jonesboro, Arkansas client won 28 out of 30 Addies (American Association of Advertising Agencies) Mike photographed all 28 that won in a single year.